www.routerlogin.net is the default web address designated for WiFi routers launched by Netgear. A person needs to visit this URL if he/she wants to change the settings of the router. On this page, we have tried to sum up every detail related to the routerlogin net login URL.
Steps to Use Routerlogin.net URL
Follow the steps mentioned below if you want to learn how to use the default web address of the router to manage it:
- The very first thing you need to do is to switch on your Netgear router.
- Once done, fetch an Ethernet cable (also called the LAN cable).
- Use this LAN cable to join the yellow i.e. Internet port of the router to the Ethernet port of the modem.
- On some routers, the Internet port is labeled as a WAN port.
- Moving to the next step, pick another LAN cable and connect your computer to the router with its help.
- No matter what happens, you must connect your devices firmly.
- After completing the cable connection process, you should open a web browser.
- Navigate to the address bar and type www.routerlogin.net.
- Press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- You will be able to see the login page of the router. Success!
After Accessing Routerlogin net Login URL
Although you will get success with the process of accessing the Netgear router URL using the steps given above, the login procedure doesn’t complete here. You also have to enter a few details on the login window. To know how; follow these instructions:
- The login page of the router is also called the routerlogin.net Netgear page.
- After reaching there, enter the password as password and the user name as admin.
- If you have given some special values to the router login details, use them instead.
- Select the Log In button.
- The router Status page or the BASIC Home screen will appear.
What is Routerlogin.net Setup?
If you are using the router’s default address for the first time, then it is obvious that you are accessing it to configure your router. In simple words, you can use the router URL to set up the router. Therefore, you can say that is the process of doing Netgear router setup using the default web address. Find the information in the next section.
How to Go About Routerlogin.net Setup?
- Connect the LAN port of the modem to the WAN port of the router.
- You must take out the modem’s battery if it has a removable one.
- Now, switch on the modem and then your router.
- If your router has a power adapter, make sure that it is the one that you get in the package.
- Let the LED lights on your router turn green.
- The WiFi light on the router must also glow.
- After that, switch on your computer.
Connect Computer to the Router’s WiFi.
- See the router label and check its SSID (network name) and Password (network key).
- Open Network and Internet Settings on the computer and look for your router’s SSID.
- Select it and enter the WiFi password of your router.
- Connect to the network and open a web browser after that.
- The routerlogin.net setup wizard will automatically open up.
- The login window of the router will appear before you.
- Here, you will see two fields named User name and Password. Enter “admin” into the User name field and “password” into the Password field.
- Both details are case-sensitive. Type them carefully.
- Click the Log In button to move further with the process.
- You will now shift to the routerlogin.net setup wizard or the Status page.
- Here, select Advanced and then Setup Wizard.
- Click Next after selecting Yes.
- Your internet connection will be detected.
- The login page will show up again.
- Create the password for the router and login using it.
- Answer any two security questions appearing on the screen and select Next.
- The Congratulations! page appears.
- Save the network settings.
Update the Firmware of Your Netgear WiFi Router Now!
- Your router will now check for firmware updates.
- If no update is there, click OK.
- Otherwise, click Yes and update the router.
- Your WiFi router will reboot and you will be asked to log in.
- Enter the password you created and log in to the router.
- The Netgear router Basic page appears.
- Your WiFi router is set up.
Why is Routerlogin.net Not Working and How to Fix It?
A number of users won’t get success with the router’s installation because of the error message displayed on the screen. The message says “routerlogin.net not working”. Well, multiple reasons can cause this problem. But, the most common one is the use of a cached web browser. Below, we have listed details regarding the cache clearing of different web browsers:
- Go to Toolbar > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the Beginning of time and proceed.
- From the Home screen, select Safari by accessing Settings.
- At the bottom of the next screen, click Clear Cookies and Data.
- Confirm if asked.
- In the Menu bar, select Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Go to the Cookies and Data section.
- Select Clear Data and uncheck Cookies and Site Data.
- Click Clear.
Note: If you are still witnessing the routerlogin.net not working problem even after clearing the browser’s cache, check the internet connection and try using the IP address of your wireless router.
What Can Be Done After Routerlogin?
Multiple operations can be done as soon as you are done with routerlogin.net Netgear process. Some of them have been given below:
- You can set up the router
- The firmware can be updated
- Changes can be made to the wireless network settings
- You can set QoS settings
- Admin password and user name of the router can be modified
- You are free to take a backup of the router’s settings
- Network traffic can be prioritized
- Set limits for connected devices
- The router can be rebooted
- You can reset the router