Has your Netgear WiFi router stopped working after power outage? If so, then you’ve come to the correct place! Here, we’ll introduce you to the ideal fix for the problem of the Netgear router not functioning after a power outage. Continue to read.
Power outages are unpredictable. People may experience lots of issues due to power interruption. It goes without saying that anything that depends on electricity will stop working during a power outage. However, it may also make your internet connection stop working. On the off chance if there are lots of power outages in your area, then it may make your WiFi connection unstable. Sometimes, your Netgear wireless router may also stop working.
If this is the case with you, go through the below-mentioned solution to fix the issue.
The Solution: Reset Your WiFi Router
The resetting process will make your device run like new. Nonetheless, you have to reconfigure your router to start using the internet again. As reset will delete all the Netgear router security settings made by you, so you have to reconfigure the router.
How to Restore the Default Settings on Your Router?
In order to resolve the Netgear router stopped working after the power outage issue, here’s how to restore its default factory settings:
- Confirm whether your Netgear router is powered on and receiving a steady power supply.
- Now, find the Factory Reset hole on your router.
- Take a pin-like device and push the Reset hole with it.
- Let your WiFi router reboot itself.
So, these were the instructions to retrieve the default settings on your WiFi router. Now, it’s time to reconfigure your device to get rid of the router that stopped working after the power outage issue.
Reconfigure WiFi Router
Follow the steps highlighted below to configure your wireless router again after the reset process:
- Insert the power adapter of your Netgear router into a wall socket and take it to the working mode.
- Take an Ethernet cable, and place one end on the modem and the other on the router.
- Take any WiFi-enabled device and launch a web browser you like.
- Head over to the routerlogin.net web page.
- Press the Enter key after entering the URL in the address bar.
- Enter the user ID and passphrase on the login page.
- Click the Log In button after that.
Bonus Tip: Just in case you can’t log in to your WiFi router and see error pop-ups, restart your router once and try logging in again. Additionally, remember to only log in to your wireless router using the most recent version of your web browser.
- You will be on the dashboard of your WiFi router.
- Here, you can adjust the WiFi router’s settings so that they meet your needs.
- Once you have changed the router settings, don’t forget to click on the Save button before leaving the web page.
Done! Your router has been configured successfully. Even after reconfiguration if your Netgear router stopped working after the power outage, then it’s better to take experts’ assistance. They will provide you with instant solutions to get the issue fixed within minutes.