Through this blog post, you’ll become familiar with different ways through which you can safeguard your Netgear WiFi router – By changing its password, network name (SSID), and wireless channel. So, shall we begin, will we?
Modify the Netgear router’s settings.
1. How to Change Your Netgear Router’s Password
It is crucial that you access the mywifiext.net administration website in order to update your Netgear WiFi router’s default password. The steps to changing your router’s password are as follows:
- Make sure the connection between your Netgear router and the current modem is strong.
- Get a web browser installed on your PC.
- Enter the URL bar’s www.routerlogin.net login address.
- Next, fill in the blanks using your WiFi router’s default username and password.
- Hit Log In.
- As soon as the Netgear Smart Wizard appears, click on the Wireless option.
- Then, in the Password field located beneath the Wireless option, enter the new password.
- Choose Apply by clicking.
- There will be a dialog window asking for confirmation.
- Allow the modifications to be implemented by clicking the YES button.
By following these steps carefully, you’ll successfully be able to change the password of your Netgear WiFi router. But, in case you stuck at any point, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experts.
2. Steps to Change Your Router’s Network Name (SSID)
In order to change the network name (SSID) of your Netgear WiFi router, you need to make use of the web user interface. Follow the instructions listed below to learn how to modify the WiFi device’s network name:
- Verify that your Netgear router is receiving enough power.
- Go to the routerlogin.net web page.
- Enter your device’s default login information next to log into your Netgear WiFi router.
- Once the router login page displays, click on the Netgear router settings option.
- Enter the new network name in the SSID field.
- Do not forget to click on the Apply option; otherwise, your changes won’t be saved.
Note: If you want to use a different method to change the network name (SSID) of your WiFi router, then you can make use of the Netgear Nighthawk application.
3. Steps to Change the Wireless Channel On Your Router
Follow the steps outlined below and learn how to change your router’s wireless channel by accessing the Netgear router settings:
- Launch a web browser on your laptop.
- Enter http://routerlogin.net in its address bar and press the Enter key.
- Netgear routerlogin window will appear.
- Enter the default login username and password of your Netgear WiFi router.
- The Basic Home Screen will display on the screen of your system.
- Click on the Wireless option.
- Once the Wireless Settings web page appears, go to the Region menu and select your region.
- Select the Channel that you want to switch to and click on the Apply option.
- Within a second or two, your settings will be saved.
So, this was all about how to change your Netgear router settings by using the Smart Wizard. In case you get stuck at any point, then feel free to get in touch with our team of experts for immediate assistance.