Netgear WiFi routers are the best networking devices due to their outstanding performance. However, being an outperforming device does not mean that it is shielded from technical problems. Most people around the world reported that the Netgear router keeps dropping WiFi connection. If you are also one of them, then no need to worry. You are in the right place. Here, we will walk you through the troubleshooting hacks to fix the issue.
But, before moving ahead we want to reveal the factors affecting the performance of your device. Once you know the reasons you can easily resolve the problem efficiently.
Causes: Netgear Router Keeps Dropping WiFi Connection
The Netgear WiFi router keeps dropping WiFi connection can occur because of various reasons. Here, is a list of some common factors:
- Loose or faulty power cable connection.
- The space between the wireless devices is not appropriate.
- Technical glitches.
- Corrupted or Outdated firmware.
- Plenty of devices accessing the router’s network.
Resolved: Netgear Router Keeps Dropping WiFi Connection
The approach to resolving the Netgear router keeps dropping the WiFi connection issue is straightforward. Walk through the instructions highlighted below and fix the issue.
- Restart Your Netgear Device
The first and foremost way to resolve the router keeps dropping WiFi connection issue is by power cycling the router. The reason is rebooting will fix the major and minor technical problems. If you are not sure how to restart your Netgear router then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Initially, remove the connection between the Netgear router and the existing modem.
- Thereafter, power off your device and remove it from the power socket.
- Wait for a few moments.
- Now, plug the router back into the power source and turn it on.
- Do not forget to connect the Netgear WiFi router to the modem.
- Change the Router Location
The next step in line to fix the router that keeps dropping WiFi connection is to maintain an optimal distance between wireless devices (router & modem). Make sure that the WiFi router and existing modem are placed within the range but not too close nor too far. The reason is their WiFi signal will get clashed.
- Disconnect Extra Devices
Every networking device can handle network traffic to a certain extent. If you allow your network to be accessed by more devices than it can support, then the Netgear router keeps dropping WiFi issues will trouble you, and changing the WiFi channel won’t help. Therefore, we suggest you reduce the wireless network traffic of your router.
- Verify the Ethernet Cable
Another way to fix the Netgear router keeps dropping internet connection issues is by checking the Ethernet cable connecting your wireless devices. Is it defective? Do you find any cuts on it? If your answer is yes then instantly change your existing cable with a new one. Apart from this, also ensure that the Ethernet cable connection between the router and modem is secure and firm.
- Disable VPN
As we all know, VPN software usually changes your IP within a few minutes, requiring your network packages to travel to the location it selects and then return to your house.To do away with this issue, disable the VPN software.
- Keep Away Signal Interference
Ensure that your Netgear router as well as your existing modem is located far from objects like microwaves, fish tanks, cordless phones, utensils, concrete walls, glasses, corners, baby monitors, aluminum studs, washing machines, televisions, and much more.
- Upgrade Network Driver
One more way to fix the router keeps dropping WiFi connection issue is by updating the drivers. The reason is your network will be broken if the drivers are outdated. Follow the steps given below and know how to update drivers.
- Firstly, go the the Search box on the Task bar.
- Thereafter, in the search bar type the “Device Manager” and select it.
- Next, right-click on the device you want to upgrade.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, choose “ Update Driver”.
- Do a Factory Reset
Last but not least, If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips worked in your favor to fix the router keeps dropping internet connection issue then perform a factory reset. If you don’t know how to reset the WiFi router then follow the instructions given below:
- First of all, look for the reset button available on your router.
- As soon as you find it, press it gently.
- Hold on a little while and release the button.
In this way, your Netgear WiFi router reset to its default mode.
The Bottom Lines
So, this was all about how to resolve the Netgear router that keeps dropping internet issues. We hope that with the help of troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this post, you can fix the issue in a trouble-free way.